Author Topic: Bass Drills  (Read 2374 times)

DDL

Bass Drills
« on: May 04, 2012, 19:21:28 PM »
Hello, I was wondering as a novice if there any bass drills as I feel my treble skills (which are not great) are better than my bass skills but then seem to spend more time on treble. I know for example with treble side you can practice scales etc.?

David(smdc66) 
Happy Squeezing

David Batty

• Administrator
    • David Batty
Re: Bass Drills
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 23:37:17 PM »
You can practice scales on the left as well as on the right, Rebecca Parker wrote an article on the subject in the last Leyland Accordion Club newsletter, I will ask her if she can put it online and post a link here.
David Batty
Leyland Accordion Club
www.accordionclub.co.uk

Rebecca Batty

• Administrator
    • My Website
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 22:55:38 PM »
You can play a scale on the Bass just like you would on the Right hand.

Having a Bass Chart is a big help to learning a bit more about the bass. Here is a link to a good bass chart http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/67/120-button_Stradella_bass_system_chart.png/750px-120-button_Stradella_bass_system_chart.png It's a bit small but it's good in that it names the rows etc.

There are lots of bass charts on Google images, Just search for "Accordion Bass Chart" and pick the one you like the best and print it out.
I almost always have a Bass chart with me, I like to look at it now and again to refresh my mind.  :)

As David mentioned, I did write a piece on playing a scale on the bass a while ago. I'll get this up online soon and post a link here.
I have thought about making a video about playing a scale on the bass and putting it up on YouTube, whether I'll do this I'm not sure. If I do I'll be sure to put a mention in the newsletter and on the forum about it.

Rebecca :D

DDL

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 08:25:12 AM »
These tips are great - thanks.
Happy Squeezing