Author Topic: barcarole 72 bass advice please  (Read 1910 times)

DDL

barcarole 72 bass advice please
« on: May 06, 2012, 15:30:49 PM »
hi, anyone know if these are good quality accordions as looking to buy one cheap (150)

i know they are german and quite old but unsure of quality - model is majore i think

apparently in good condition

i have a german one 48 bass royal standard which i am fairly happy with as is old but in good condition 
Happy Squeezing

stvnsn48

Re: barcarole 72 bass advice please
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 12:40:18 PM »
hiya, had a 96 bass bacarole back in 1978,sturdily built like all early german accordions,typical german bass reeds.good all round accordion,although a lot depends on the type of music you intend to play,as this reflects on type of tuning on r/h reeds that would best suit music genre. enjoy,regards bill.

DDL

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 15:37:18 PM »
hi, thanks for advice - took a gamble and went for it as sounded ok although was a bit difficult trying it out in the back of my car (met the vendor in a train station car parK) - tried it out since and it has some of the features i am lookin for - nice sound,powerful,nice basses (i like traditional music especially italian) - some of the notes / chords are a bit croaky sounding when bellows changes direction and also think small air leak as bellows move very slightly with no keys depressed and a few bass buttons sticky a bit (but if change direction of push seem ok) - but despite this fairly happy as seems good all rounder and like sound and got it fairly cheap

regards

david   
Happy Squeezing

stvnsn48

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 12:31:35 PM »
sounds like it may benefit from a service,and tune up off reeds, ishould play it for a while, and if you are still happy with it, go for service,as it will make a huge difference to accordion. best regards bill.