Author Topic: Any good way to try out button accordion without breaking the bank?  (Read 1679 times)

hyphz

Hi everyone,

Thanks for accepting my join request! :)  I'm interested in trying to learn the button accordion but am a bit stuck as it seems awfully difficult to try one out without breaking the bank.  Even the cheapest second hand ones I've seen with proper chromatic button layouts are into the 700 pound bracket and that's a heck of a lot for an instrument that I don't know if I'll end up taking up.   I've read advice that when starting it's better to go for a digital/virtual because you can switch the key layout around but those are even more expensive!  Is there any good way to find a cheap learner's button or even a decent simulator? (I have a simulator for the iPad but obviously it can't be held/carried in the correct way)

Rebecca Batty

• Administrator
    • My Website
Re: Any good way to try out button accordion without breaking the bank?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 13:23:37 PM »
Depending on where you live, I would suggest visiting your local Accordion Club, Talking to people there and you might find someone there that plays a button accordion, I'm sure they would be more than happy to show you a few things and let you have a play with their button accordion.